Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My Clydesdales

Many women I train I endearingly refer to as “Clydesdales”. While many women wouldn’t want to be referred to as an oversized horse, it has EVERYTHING to do with their strength and ability to do work. While many women prefer to lift light weights a bazillion times or dance around (which my personal Clydesdale enjoys as well), my girls like to push, pull and lift heavy things. Here are some of their feats of strength and work capacity:
The 64 year old women who can farmer carry 2, 53lb kettlebells 50 yards. She does this with only three fingers on one hand.

My pair of sisters (which are in their 40’s) who can flip a 500lb tire 10 times.

The mother of two who can: deadlift 215 5 times, front squat 165 6 times, bench press 135lb 4 times and do 4 bodyweight pull ups.

Six gals who long cycled a kettlebell for an hour straight without setting them down.

Those who drag the 175lb tire across the asphalt. Not easy!

This is only a snapshot of what gets done on a regular basis. I’m proud of them all for their work ethic and tenacity. TO THE CLYDESDALES!!!!

Today's long cycle training:
24kg @ 12.7 rpm for 30 minutes (hand switch on the minute)

If you read this and enjoy it, or are at least slightly ammused, please join;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment